Monday, March 10, 2014

Refacing a Fireplace

On my weekends away from baking which are few and far between, I love to do home projects.  When we moved into our home a few years ago, everything was a blank canvas.  I am not an oak girl.  I love dark woods and warm whites.  My first project was to reface the fireplace.  I thought to myself, how hard would it be to reface this little ol' fireplace.  The answer was....all weekend.  Sanding, priming, spray painting the gold trim and painting.  It was a long process, but well worth it.  The end result was exactly what I wanted and I saved a lot of money doing it this way instead of removing and replacing it.  Here is a picture of my before and after.  Anyone else out there have any before and after pics of their home projects?  Share them with me if you want.  I would love to see them.


Before

After

Side by Side Before & After


No comments:

Post a Comment